My most favorite tickets are from CHINA. Colourful, large, glossy and in a couple of instances, quite unique.
1. This is the ticket to the famous BEIJING ZOO that successfully breeds pandas in captivity.
2. A longish, banner like ticket for The Temple Of Heaven, in Beijing :
3. A laminated card ticket for The Mausoleum of the Qin Emperor, in Xian, which contains the famous army of Terracotta Warriors:
4. Front and back of the Souvenir Card Ticket to Ding Ling Museum , also known as the Thirteen Ming Tombs in ChangPing County.
5. A six inches long ticket for The Forbidden City ( Aka: Palace Museum in Beijing), with coppery gold border.
6. Front and back of the ticket card to Dayan Pagoda, popular as " Big Wild Goose Pagoda" in Xian, Shaanxi province.
7. The ticket to see a portion of The Great Wall, the Badaling section, is in the form of a booklet. The front cover can be detached and sent as a post card ( prepaid) . The middle page carries souvenir postage stamps .The inner back cover contains notes about the Great Wall. The back cover is for ads.
8. This is the ticket for a themed garden called Tang Paradise, in Shaanxi. All the major attractions are illustrated on it.
9. A most unique ticket is issued for Yong He Gong , a Tibetan Buddhist temple popularly called Lama Temple, in Beijing. It is a very small barcoded CD( 8 cms. diameter) , inside a red and yellow envelope. The barcode is read through a window in the envelope and the CD contains a short documentary about the temple ! The documentary can be seen here :
(The ticket envelope and the CD -front and back )